My team and I just shared our first Paper Pumpkin Potluck last night, and it was a smashing success. The idea was born from the fact that our unfinished Pumpkins were piling up and taking up a lot of space. We loved them, but if we didn't get to them immediately, they just weren't getting accomplished.
So, we scheduled a night to meet and work on them. It was SO fun... we weren't even halfway through when everyone started saying that we need to make it a regular event!
Here's a bunch of ideas and tips if you decide to hold this potluck party with your customers or team!
- use a Paper Pumpkin to make the invitations and party favors
- door prize draw for a pre-paid one-month Paper Pumpkin subscription
- dollar-store orange tablecloths and paper goods
- have people bring pumpkin desserts or make squash soup
- have everyone bring any alternate things they've done with past Paper Pumpkins
No-stress quick games to play:
- guess the number of candy corn pumpkins in a Mason jar
- Pumpkin Pong--orange ping-pong balls bounced into empty Paper Pumpkin boxes
- Pumpkin Ring Toss (twig wreath and a pumpkin with a long straight stem)
- 1-minute mini pumpkin decorating contest (provide Sharpies and googly eyes)
- PS--the mini pumpkins double as easy centerpieces!
To help the event run smoothly:
- provide Paper Pumpkin Grid Paper and a trash bag at each station
- provide a free Paper Pumpkin to any non-demo who comes as a guest, so they don't have to bring anything at all
- have extra clear blocks and scissors on hand since these are not included in the kits
- make pumpkin punch-art name tags OR use Paper Pumpkin logo stickers and a Sharpie for names
Extras for Uplines:
- this is a great time to gift your team with some of the Paper Pumpkin marketing resources, such as buttons, pens, flyers, postcards, reusable shopping bags, pop-up trash bins, logo grid paper and more. We have remarkable supporting products available for this line.
- train your team on the social media resources and shareable videos for Paper Pumpkin. Do they know where to find past kits? Do they know we can Cash N' Carry past kits? Do they know there are two different subscription options?
- print out the gift certificate to give everyone a visual reminder to promote these kits for fabulous Christmas gifts that keep on giving all year long.
- Be sure to invite former downlines to attend. This event would be a great way to remind them of the fun and friendship they have been missing during their time away from Stampin' Up.
I hope you are excited to plan a fun event like this with your team. Sharing meals together is a wonderful way to stay connected to friends, and a fun party-atmosphere provides a nice change from a regular monthly meeting format.
Dream BIG! And eat some pumpkin cheesecake for me.