I tried to get out of my box a little bit and made some elastic waist shorts and a floaty top instead of the sundresses I have been doing lately. You can see one dress here and a photo tutorial for them here. The top is basically the same as the dresses, but with just one flounce. Instead of the seam binding going under the arms and a case for the elastic across the front and back, this time I tried just finishing off the arm holes, and having the seam binding go across the front/back and tie at the shoulders. Little bit of a halter top look. So a little different, but nothing too putzy--I don't do putzy!
Got a little carried away with the red rick rack trim, but it was just so cute, I couldn't stop sewing! I also made a second pair of shorts to go with an embellished t-shirt I hope to make with the Big Shot and the last little bits of fabric (the top with flower and two pairs of shorts took not quite two whole packages of fabric). If it turns out, I'll be sure to post it!
Funny how BIG everything looked while I was sewing it. I was so sure I'd have to take the shorts in. Well, as you can see, they are none too large! My baby's getting so big!