Instructions for “Watercolored Wetlands” card designed by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek for Song of My Heart Stampers. All supplies Stampin’ Up! "Ready to Make It?" cards are designed to be created in fifteen minutes or less, with limited supplies. Try one today!
Ink: Island Indigo, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Accessories: Aqua Painter, sponge, dimensionals.
1. Card base is 8.5 x 5.5 inches, folded in half to form card. Background is 4 x 5.25 inches. Mat is 4.25 x 2.75 inches and image piece is 4 x 2.5 inches.
2. Stamp the goose in Soft Suede ink on left hand side of image piece, and tall reeds on either side of it.
3. Stamp tall reeds on both sides of the background mat, about one-inch up from the bottom edge.
4. Stamp the shorter grass along the bottom edge of the image piece and in a line across the "pond" behind the goose. I used a post-it-note to mask around the goose so I didn't stamp grass over his neck and body.
5. Use the Aquapainter or a brush and water to watercolor a little Island Indigo ink onto the "pond." Make a few areas darker to add dimension. You can go right over the reeds and grass, as needed.
6. Sponge all elements with Soft Suede ink before assembling the layers together as shown.
Thanks for stopping in to Song of My Heart today for real-life papercrafting tips and tricks. Check out the rest of the cards in the Ready to Make It category here!