In my e-newsletter last week (sign up here!) I shared an adorable project my team member Heidi Olsen showed us all how to make. Many of you asked for a photo tutorial, so I put one together for you. Now you can make your own! They're super easy, and who can't use more Post-It Notes, am I right?
Here's Heidi's projects, all packaged up for her next craft fair. They make great stocking stuffers! They would also be really adorable and economical party favors, or even a party craft for your child's birthday.
To begin, you'll need:
- Simply Scored or Stampin' Trimmer with scoring blade
- 3x3 Post-It Note pad in color that coordinates with project
- Mini pens or pencils (I got them at the Dollar Tree)
- Stamps and ink to decorate
Other stuff to think about:
- choose a color cardstock for your base that will not show dirt easily. It will take some time to use all the Post-Its.
- use good-quality (not flimsy) cardstock. The holder needs to last as long as the notes do!
- I don't use popped-up pieces or embellishments on my covers because they'll just catch and come off in a purse or briefcase.
That's that! Cute, quick, and super practical... that's the kind of "real-life papercrafting" you'll find at Song of My Heart! Please leave a comment if you're going to try this project. I LOVE it when you speak up, and it keeps bloggers encouraged and posting when people leave feedback. Thanks for stopping by today!