One of the hottest bits of news we got this weekend at OnStage was that we're in for a color redo! I'm super excited about this and actually agree with MOST of the colors they decided to pull... I know they will never be able to please every single crafter out there, but I love what Stampin' Up pulled together with the 53 colors that made the final cut.
In a nutshell, here's the new Color Families!
Be in the know!
- Basic Black, Whisper White and Very Vanilla will be their own category, so that freed up space in the Neutrals to pull in some fun base colors that really breathe life into that selection: Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow and Night of Navy.
- You'll notice there's some returning In Colors! Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo are joining our regular color line. Fun to have some old favorites back!
- Subtles has the most new colors in it, with Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Soft Seafoam and Petal Pink.
- Regals has the most familiar colors, with only one new face (Shaded Spruce) but did you notice some of those shades used to be in the Brights section? We've really switched things up!
- The Brights are my total favorites now. I could look at that rainbow all day long. Check out the new Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green and Mango Melody. Aren't they scrumptious?
Stampin' Up also took advantage of the color shakeup to update our ink pad cases. They're now even easier to open, made to be stackable, and have stickers for the inside so you can be sure you've got the right ink color when you stamp. The print is bigger, the color label is larger, and the new lids fit even more snugly, for less ink evaporation over time.
Best part? My favorite feature, the ink pad in the lid so the pad is always upside down to let gravity bring the ink to the surface, is still a fixture on our new pads! Oh and they also still work in the Color Caddy, so no worries there.
So it's maybe hard to remember what the color families used to look like, right? No worries, I have a list of all the colors going away. Retirement has begun TODAY, so get your ink refills and stock up on cardstock colors you know you'll want to use after they're discontinued.
- Always Artichoke
- Chocolate Chip
- Elegant Eggplant
- Island Indigo
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Pink Pirouette
- Rose Red
- Soft Sky
- Tangerine Tango
- Tempting Turquoise
- Wild Wasabi
- Wisteria Wonder
- Outgoing In Colors: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum.
Does one or more of these leave you groaning? You're not alone. I'm going to miss Island Indigo!!! But somehow I always manage to survive a color refresh. I'll probably be ok. Probably.
As if that wasn't enough fun, we also have a brand new set of 2018-2020 In Colors. (Oh wow, I can't believe I just typed 2020. Crazy.) Is your mind reeling yet??? Here's the skinny on the new In Colors Collection!
Now we're talking COLOR! Ka-pow! I'm going to get Grapefruit Grove for sure, and Blueberry Bushel and Lovely Lipstick. We'll see about the rest... probably some lovely new papers will come along and it will be inevitable that they come home with me!
So, when can we get our hands on all this yummy color? The new catalog goes live June 2nd, 2018, but there will be a special preorder sneak peek period in May. I'll share everything I can closer to the date. For now, check out the retirement list, be sure to get refills of any ink colors that are being discontinued, and keep checking back here at Song of My Heart for all the latest news.