Made the cutest little thing this weekend with my new Petite Petals punch from Stampin' Up (Occasions Mini Catalog, page 33). Inspired by a pillow I saw on Pinterest, I actually GOT UP FROM THE COMPUTER and went into the stamp room and made something! I KNOW!!! Amazing, huh. I bet I'm not the only one who gets sucked into the Pinterest Vortex and doesn't come up for air for waaaaay too long!
I love symmetrical things, so a card with elements arranged in a grid, like this, makes me very happy. Add in the embossed stripes and the centered ribbon bow, and I'm in heaven! Wait until you see tomorrow's card, though. If you like asymmetry, you are going to love it!
Supplies for Petite Petals Blossom Grid Card
- Petite Petals Punch
- Soft Sky 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Silver Mini Brads
- Stampin' Pierce Mat
- Paper-Piercing Tool (to poke the brad holes)
- Pink Pirouette 3/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon
- Subtles Designer Buttons (Soft Sky)
- Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
- Texture Boutique Embossing Machine (my new toy!)
I made two versions of this delicate, simple design--one horizontally-oriented, and one vertical. Which do you like better? Do you tend to do more vertical, or horizontal, cards overall?