Instructions for “Rainy Day” card designed by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek for Song of My Heart Stampers. All supplies Stampin’ Up! "Ready to Make It?" cards are designed to be created in fifteen minutes or less, with limited supplies. Try one today!
Stamps: Weather Together
Ink: Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo
Cardstock: Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo, Smoky Slate
Papers: In Color 2016-18 Collection Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories: Paper Snips, Soft Sky satin ribbon, Soft Sky marker, Smoky Slate marker, Stampin' Dimensionals.
1. Card base is 5.5 x 8.5 inches folded in half to form vertical card. Cut a background mat of Smoky Slate, measuring 4 x 5.25 inches. Cut a Whisper White square of 3.75 inches. Cut polka dotted paper to 3.75 x 1.25 inches.
2. Stamp umbrella handle on left side of Whisper White using archival Basic Gray ink. Color with markers. Stamp raindrops along top and partially down the left side, using Smoky Slate ink.
3. Stamp umbrella top on scratch Whisper White cardstock. Color and cut out (or use coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits).
4. Hold umbrella top in position to see where to stamp desired saying. Stamp using Flirty Flamingo ink. Attach umbrella top using dimensionals.
5. Adhere stamped piece to top portion of Smoky Slate mat. Add patterened paper strip along bottom. Tie Soft Sky ribbon around where the papers join, and trim ends at an angle to prevent raveling.
6. Adhere matted piece to cardfront with 1/8th-inch margin on all sides.
Thanks for stopping in to Song of My Heart today for real-life papercrafting tips and tricks. Please feel free to shop my Stampin' Up store to show your support, and be sure to check out the rest of the cards in the Ready to Make It category here!