We played this game at our team meeting last night and had a lot of laughs! It requires a small amount of prep, a lot of wrapping paper, and 3-4 prizes. I used Sale-A-Bration and hostess freebies, but you can use any items of similar size and shape.
If you have ever played the Saran Wrap ball game, the concept is silimar, except that instead of taking off plastic wrap until the timer goes off, each player just removes one layer of wrapping paper. There are also conditions to keeping the prize you unwrap.
- Wrap a stamp set in wrapping paper, three times. Make sure the tape for each layer is only stuck to that layer, so it won't rip into the next layer.
- Add another set and wrap that together with the original set. Wrap that again two or three times.
- Add additional sets as you go, varying the number of wrapping paper layers each time, so it can't be guessed. The more layers of paper, the more suspense and fun.
- Use as many different types of wrapping paper as you can. To avoid confusion over the layers, don't wrap twice in a row with the same paper pattern.
- You will end up with a large, bulky package about the size of a shoebox.
- Prepare a small jar or basket with slips of paper on which are written random tasks. It's best if they are not TOO embarrassing, but you know your crowd.
- Suggestions: bark like a dog; sing a line of a song; share your celebrity crush; take a selfie with a duck face; give the person next to you a bear hug; quote a line from your favorite movie; tell us a knock-knock joke.
- Pass the bundle around the room, with each person peeling off one layer of paper and then passing it on.
- When a player unwraps a gift, they can choose to keep it IF they are willing to perform the random task.
- If they chose not to, they can pass the whole bundle and the unwrapped gift to the next person, who then gets a random task to perform in order to keep it.
- If a person gets the gift more than once, they can decide to keep their original prize or trade it for the new prize--but they have to perform a new random task if they want the new set!
This is a fun way to randomly distribute door prizes for the meeting with a lot more flair than just drawing names. Use it for your Christmas party or just to shake things up during any given month. Good luck with your team gatherings!