Fresh Cut Notes Stationery Box Instructions
Dimensions: 12x12 cardstock, scored at 3,5,9.5 and 11.5 inches, then turned the other way and scored at 1,3, 7.5 and 9.5 inches, then the rest trimmed off at 10.5. Coordinating color CS 4x4.5, scored at 2 inches (leaving 2.5 on one side).
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Crop A Dile, Scallop Border punch, Sticky Strip, Linen Thread, Small and Large Oval punches, Ticket Corner punch, Rhinestone Brads, 1/2 inch circle punch, stamps and ink as desired. Sage Shadow and So Saffron used in sample.
1. Score as directed and trim off excess at corners. Fold all creases flat with the bone folder. Stamp if desired BEFORE putting the box together with Sticky Strip.
2. Notch the two inside flap corners with the Ticket Corner punch. This will prevent dog-eared edges.
3. Using the new Scallop Border punch, create a scalloped edge along the wider side of the cover.
4. Blind emboss dots along the scallops using the Crop A Dile (ask for assistance if you have never done this technique before). Attach cover to box lid with Sticky Strip.
5. Punch out two 1/2 inch circle and adhere to box front and lid as shown for the closure. Using the Crop A Dile, punch two small holes through the circles and insert rhinestone brads.
6. Tie a length of linen thread around the lower brad and use it to loop around the top brad to fasten.
7. Stamp “for you” on scrap white, and punch with the smaller oval punch. Punch a mat from coordinating scrap cardstock and mount the piece on the front of the box as shown, using two dimensionals.
8. If desired, use White craft ink and coordinating colors of ink to sponge and weather the box.
1. Press out the laser-cut flower petals. Make sure you have folded the card so that the top petal of the flower is pointing upwards, not down.
2. Open the card and lay flat on scrap paper. Brayer the large background stamp with So Saffron ink and stamp directly on the center of the card.
3. Stamp the small flower in Sage Shadow on scrap white and trim with paper snips. Adhere to center of card. Attach a half-back pearl to the card front if desired (hard to mail).
4. Blind emboss a dot in each corner of the background image using the Crop A Dile.
5. Notch all four corners with the Ticket Corner punch.
6. Adhere the 4x4 square of So Saffron behind the open-work image with regular mono adhesive (it may require a little trimming for a perfect fit).
7. Stamp a saying inside the card, if desired. Stamp the envelopes to match.