Brrr... it's chilly and rainy outside and I wish someone would make me a cup of hot chocolate! Enjoy one while you're making this quick project I designed for my last Chocolate Lovers' Stamp Camp. It was featured on the Stamper's Showcase, a demonstrator-only gallery that is a fantastic resource--our best kept secret!
Instructions for Cocoa Slider Cards
Supplies needed: 1—4.25x11 inch cardstock (Real Red card base), 1—3x12 inch coordinating cardstock (Bashful Blue belly band), 1—2.5x2 inch neutral cardstock (Whisper White focal point), 1—4.25x2.75 inch coordinating cardstock (Chocolate Chip mat), Paper cutter with scoring blade, Mini Glue Dots, Stamps and ink for focal point image and background (Pun Fun and Itty Bitty Backgrounds), 10 inches wide grosgrain ribbon (Chocolate Chip), individually packaged cocoa.
1. Stamp card base with background stamp using the same color ink as the cardstock (keep it subtle).
2. Score card base at 2, 2.25, 7.75 and 8 inches. Fold. The longer flap is on the top. Secure the cocoa packet inside with a glue dot.
3. Score the belly band piece at 4.25, 4.5, 8.75 and 9 inches. Fold and secure with Sticky Strip, making sure it goes around the card and packet easily but is not too loose.
4. Stamp and color focal point image, adhering to the right hand edge of the mat.
5. Adhere the matted image to the belly band with mono adhesive.
6. Tie a knot of wide grosgrain ribbon around the belly band and trim ends at an angle to prevent raveling.
7. Slide belly band over card to hold flaps down. To open the card, slide the belly band up or down.
This is a great idea! Now that the weather is getting cooler, any type of hot beverage would be perfect to tuck inside! Thanks for the directions and inspiration!
Posted by: Brenda | 10/15/2008 at 05:49 PM
Really cute. It's cold and rainy in my neck of the woods as well.
Posted by: Laura Brown | 10/15/2008 at 06:19 PM
This is so cute! Thank you for the instructions! My girls would love this!
Posted by: Traci Gentry | 10/15/2008 at 07:23 PM
Very cute! Its cold, wet and rainy here too!
Posted by: Hope | 10/15/2008 at 08:09 PM
It is a great "homey" card. TFS and thans for the directions, always helpful!
Posted by: Sarah White | 10/15/2008 at 09:01 PM
This card is perfect for this time of year! TfS and the directions too!
Posted by: Carmen | 10/15/2008 at 09:47 PM
Love this card. It is so sweet. Hot Chocolate sounds really good right about now.
Posted by: Jennifer | 10/20/2008 at 09:30 PM