This was the final "big whammy" project for my last Big Shot Budget Buster Club this past Monday night. I wanted to go out with a bang and we certainly did! To make this project as shown you'll need an empty Accents & Elements tin. I used the Flower Fusions tins (couldn't believe I had six of them saved up--I guess I really, really like those felt flowers!). You'll also need a Crop A Dile, some wide ribbon for the handle (it punches through the tin just like butter, honestly.)
Here's what it looks like when you open the tin. Now, you can make it so the scrapbook is removable, but in my house, that just means a scrapbook and it's tin are soon parted, so I stuck mine to the back of the tin with Sticky Strip. That sucker ain't goin' nowheres.
The actual cardstock base is comprised of two sheets of 8.5x11 cardstock, cut vertically through the center into four pieces measuring 4.25x11. They are all scored at 4.75 and 9.5, which leaves a little flap for them to be adhered together. On the last section you trim off that flap, and the remaining full portion gets stuck down to the tin.
In these two pictures you can see I simply decorated both sides of the accordion with papers, photo corner punches, the Top Note, and the Scallop Envelope, along with felt flower from the original tin. I traced the tin shape onto three pieces of DSP, cut around it (cutting it smaller for the inside piece) and adhered it to the front and back of the outside, and the inside of the lid. Decorate the outside of the tin to match, and you're all set. I think this project took me maybe an hour and a half from start to finish. Enjoy!
Supplies used: Raspberry Tart DSP, Felt Fusions and Felt Fusions Too, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White cardstock, Photo Corners, Round Tab, Scallop Oval and Large Oval punches; Antique brads, dimensionals, sponges, Sticky Strip, double stitched Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, Oval Alls.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.