Introducing the new and improved Stampin' Trimmer! I got my trimmer last week and I looooooove it!! It's available to order now and the item number is #126889.
I'd encourage you to watch the quick little video above so that you can see that this is the CADILLAC of paper trimmers. That makes it even more of a bargain at just $29.95!
All the info below comes from SU, but after a week of using my new baby, I have added in my own notes after each of the listed features. And look at the LENGTH of the list of features--holy cow!
Features of the All-New Stampin' Trimmer
- An extra-wide 6-1/4" cutting base and an extended 14-1/2" ruler
- The extra-wide cutting base provides a large work area and is marked in 1/4" (4 mm) increments, allowing for small measurements. Lyssa's note: this means you don't have to use the extender arm for the most common cuts!
- The right-side grid helps you measure and cut very thin strips. Lyssa's note: this is wider than the ones on other trimmers--super convenient!
- The extended cutting arm has a stabilizing leg to provide a sturdy and steady cutting surface for longer cuts. Lyssa's note: hooray for stabilizing legs! No more inaccurate long cuts from a wobbly extender!
- When fully extended, the extended cutting arm sits flush with the trimmer base, providing more accurate and consistent measurements across the entire surface. Lyssa's note: no more worrying that the extender arm is moving around on you!
- The cutting base and track include a full ruler, incorporating measurements down to 1/16" and grid lines that mark each quarter inch. Lyssa's note: let's hear it for accurate cuts, which make for professional-looking projects!
- All rulers and measurements on the base are printed under a plastic cover so your measurements won't wear off. Lyssa's note: this was a super-common problem with other paper trimmers. SU has solved the problem permanently!
- The base has nonskid feet, which keeps the Stampin' Trimmer securely in place on your work area. Lyssa's note: just like the redesigned Stampin' Scrub, the rubber footies on the paper trimmer will make for a much more pleasant experience!
- A full 12" cutting and scoring track
- The extra-long cutting track has space at the top and bottom so you don't have to take the cutting and scoring blades out when you're not using them. Lyssa's note: no more lost scoring blades! They'll always be right where you need them!
- The track gives you enough space to cut or score a full 12" (30.5 cm) without having to remove or switch out handles. Lyssa's note: that was always SUCH a pain to have to pull the scoring blade out to use the cutting blade!
- The cutting track locks in place for secure storage or transport. Lyssa's note: isn't that the coolest idea? Who hasn't lost a blade during transport?!
- The track includes an insertion point for cutting and scoring blade handles so you can easily insert handles into the cutting track. Lyssa's note: no more pulling on the tracks to wedge the blade in!
- Specially designed handles and cutting track to ensure straight cuts
- The hook on the scoring and cutting blade handles keeps the handles stable so the cuts are as straight as possible. Lyssa's note: this is something our product designers were very concerned with getting right! And they did it!
- Handles come in two colors: dark for cutting, light for scoring. Lyssa's note: easy to tell apart, which is good since they will always both be attached!
- The precision tip on the cutting blade allows you to pinpoint precisely where you're cutting. Lyssa's note: no more forcing the blade to start in the cardstock when you need to make a cut in the middle--easy as pie!
- The point on the side of each handle shows you where the blade will cut, making it easy to see exactly where your cuts and scores will begin. Lyssa's note: again, we're talking total accuracy here. This is truly the Cadillac of personal paper trimmers!
- Storage compartment under base
- The storage compartment holds scoring and cutting tools such as a Bone Folder, Simply Scored Stylus, extra scoring and cutting blades, and even business cards. Lyssa's note: now that is a cool idea! Who can't use more storage?!
- Separate compartments within the storage compartment keep your tools organized, and the clear cover makes it easy to see what you've stored. Lyssa's note: I think they designed this puppy for ME! I need all the organizational help I can get!
Convinced yet? I thought so! Order yours today and treat yourself--you KNOW you've been needing a new one anyway! Click here to go straight to the Trimmer on my shopping website, or email me your order if you'd rather. You are going to LOVE it!
Got to use my new Stampin' Paper Trimmer this weekend, and I do like it. I had a Fiskars before, with a wire giude that ended getting frayed somehow, and gave me ragged cuts -- didn't like that at all, and that will never happen with this trimmer.
On an unrelated note, I also used your tip for embossing multiple cards (mounting several on a DSP chipboard with clothes pins) -- worked like a DREAM! I got 24 cards embossed in no time!
Posted by: Kathy Van Duser | 11/12/2012 at 05:57 PM