How are you doing with the 100 Cards by Christmas Challenge? Oh yeah, remember that? Click here to see the original challenge. I am happy to say I have donated 125 cards to a nursing home and have 65 ready for the Humane Society here in town. I am cleaning out and using up, and feeling GREAT that these cards are going to a good home where they can be put to use.
Here's a recap of the "rules" of the 100 Cards By Christmas Challenge. I hope you'll participate along with me in using your Supplies Accumlated Beyond Life Expectancy (S.A.B.L.E.) to work for a good cause!
Choose one of these options:
- choose a charity that is near and dear to your heart and can use cards;
- or be a part of my own personal 100 Cards By Christmas Challenge, which will benefit the Watertown Humane Society. I'm hoping for lots of cute kitty and doggie cards : )
Post a comment below accepting the challenge and:
- tell us your charity organization choice or commit to join mine by mailing your donated cards to me (email me for address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- post a link to your charity if you would like to spread the word about your cause
- you can do it alone as a personal challenge or go in together with a friend or group if you're concerned about getting 100 cards created/collected by yourself.
Ready, Set, Start! Suggestions:
- start by looking through your own stash--you probably have "a few" made up that would be suitable for the purpose already!
- demonstrators can turn appropriate sample swap cards into full cards
- be sure to provide envelopes, too--otherwise your donation will be offset by an expense to the charity--nobody wants that.
- not sure what kinds of cards would be best? Will they be used in the office, or sold as a fundraiser? Contact your charity and ask!
I'm excited about this fun way to do some good in my community, and reduce my S.A.B.L.E. at the same time-- and I hope you are, too! Leave a comment and let us know how you're progressing!