I frequently get asked, what all comes in the Starter Kit?
The answer is....Whatever you want!
About two years ago, Stampin' Up changed to a 100% customizable Starter Kit, and you can pick ANYTHING you want to be in there. It's been a godsend for established stampers who already had a lot of the basics, or Big Shot lovers who wanted a machine in their kit, or digital scrappers who didn't want a lot of stamping product.
We always had a great, flexible kit, and you could swap out stamp sets and ink and cardstock colors--but now, you can literally get anything you want to for your kit. And it's just $99 plus tax, for ANY $125 worth of product you want. No shipping! Score!!
That 100% customization does pose a problem, though--now you have a lot of choices to make! One of the most common questions I get from soon-to-be-demonstrators is, "How do I make the best choices about what to get first?" I did NOT ask that when I joined, and as a result, I ordered almost entirely stamp sets and then had nothing to use them WITH or ON when they came! So you can learn from my rookie mistake : )
Here's eight quick tips for anyone thinking about ordering a Starter Kit:
- Realize you won't be able to get everything you want right away. Make a list of the stamps you are drawn to the most, and put them in order of priority. Think about not only which are your favorites, but what types of stamps will work for what is coming up on the calendar in the next 3-6 months.
- You can do a LOT of different techniques with just a few stamp sets, so there is no need to have more than a couple on your first order. Be sure to get one good sayings stamp set that will cover multiple occasions.
- Look over what you already own. If you've been a happy Stampin' Up customer for years, you may have quite a few of the basics. If not, you'll need to think about beginner staples such as a Paper Trimmer, good scissors, bone folder, and of course, adhesives.
- If you want to have an open house or begin stampin' classes right away, Grid Paper is inexpensive and makes everything look very professional. You'll also want at least two SNAIL adhesives and some refills, and envelopes so that the cards you make together are ready to be used at the end of the event.
- I recommend focusing on one Color Collection at a time, such as Brights, Subtles, Regals, or Neutrals. The markers and ink pads are a better deal if you can buy them in their color families instead of individually. If you focus on a single color family, you can make sure that any inks, cardstock, or embellishments you order from that family will all coordinate and make it easier to pull together cute projects quickly.
- If possible, get an assortment cardstock pack from each Color Collection so that you can try all the colors and get an idea of which ones you'll want to order in full packs.
- Remember that no one expects you to have the whole catalog in your stamp room right off the bat. You'll be expanding your collection by leaps and bounds very shortly, but in the meantime, it's perfectly fine if you have to use non-Stampin' Up tools here and there when you're starting out.
- When you're making your list and narrowing down the possibilities to get under that magic $125 mark, it might be helpful to start a prioritized list for your first order as a demonstrator. Your very first workshop order within 45 days of joining will give you an extra 10% Instant Income back in your pocket, so many people use that as a time to get a few more things checked off their wish lists with an additional savings.
If you have ANY questions about the Starter Kit or what to include on your order, please be sure to ask! You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I looooove helping people put together a personalized Starter Kit of products that are going to help them get off to a fantastic start on their stampin' adventure!
Ready to sign on the dotted line? Click here to get started! in 15 minutes or so, your Stampin' Up Starter Kit will be on the way and you'll be the newest member of the Song of My Heart Demonstrator Team. http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/lyssa/jointhefun