Saw a beautiful technique at the 2014 Inspire.Create.Share Stampin' Up convention last month and it was the first thing I tried when I sat back down in my own craft room. They had taken a sheet of the Typeset specialty Designer Series Paper and cut it on an angle so that instead of running straight up and down, the words were slanted in the background. That was cool enough...
Then they stamped the Flower Patch stamp set right on top of the newsprint paper. I LOVED the effect! And I loved the fun contrast between the vintage newsprint and the casual and modern flower style. Yes, you DO need another flower set! This one has great sayings with it, too.
It was a little wasteful of the paper, but so pretty I think it was worth it. Plus, you get FOUR of the 12x12 sheets of each pattern in the Typeset pack, so there is plenty to work with. I was able to get several more diagonally-oriented rectangles and squares out of the leftovers, so I made a couple more cards while I had everything out.
This one is my favorite of the three...
The color scheme for these was so fresh and bright, I think it's my very favorite of the whole summer. You have to try this one!
- Coastal Cabana
- Pool Party
- Crisp Cantaloupe
- Calypso Coral
- Pear Pizzazz
- Very Vanilla
I hope you liked them, too! Here's a complete supply list so you can make your own slanted newsprint cards at home! Contact me if you need me to order these for you: email@example.com
Click any link to view the product in my online store!
- Flower Patch Photopolymer Stamp Set  (don't forget to order clear blocks!)
- Flower Patch Photopolymer Bundle  (comes with the matching Framelits!)
- Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper 
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Calypso Coral 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock 
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Neutrals Candy Dots 
- Very Vintage Designer Buttons 
- Linen Thread 
- Basic Pearls Jewel Accents 
- Scallop Edge Border Punch 
- Banner Punch  (optional)
- 1 Inch Circle Punch  (optional)