Instructions for Vintage Father Christmas card designed by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek for Song of My Heart Stampers. All supplies Stampin’ Up! "Ready to Make It?" cards can be created in fifteen minutes or less, with limited supplies. Try one today!
Ink: Early Espresso
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake
Embellishments: Linen Thread
Tools: sponge, Paper Snips
1. Card base is Cherry Cobbler 5.5x8.5 inches folded in half. Tranquil Tide mat is 4x5.25 inches, and Crumb Cake layer is 3.75x5 inches.
2. Stamp the upper part of the filigree frame in Early Espresso ink on the top of the Crumb Cake piece. Stamp the lower part of the filigree frame on the bottom edge.
3. Stamp the Father Christmas image in the middle, just right of center. Stamp the bag of toys next to him on the lower left.
4. Stamp the smaller saying in the empty area above the bag of toys.
5. Sponge all four edges of the Crumb Cake layer to weather the paper.
6. Use the edge of your Paper Snips to scrape the edges of the Crumb Cake and Tranquil Tide pieces, to roughen and distress.
7. Layer the stamp piece on the Tranquil Tide mat and adhere to Cherry Cobbler card base. Wrap Linen Thread around the card several times and tie off in a bow at the top, with long trailing ends.
8. Stamp inside saying and stamp envelope to match, if desired.
Thanks for stopping in to Song of My Heart today for real-life papercrafting tips and tricks! Please feel free to shop my Stampin' Up store for all your crafting needs, and be sure to check out the rest of the cards in the Ready to Make It category here!
It's fun to be fancy... but it doesn't have to take tons of time to make beautiful handmade cards for Christmas. This year, plan on a simpler design that's still lovely, but can actually be accomplished during a busy season. Song of My Heart Stampers can help with that!