The little cabin in the Waterfront stamp set made me think of beach huts, so when I needed to stamp a thank you card for a friend who lives in Hawaii, I knew right where to go. I just love the tiny little palm trees! So cute. And it was easy to add a row of colorful beach huts. Doesn't it just make you want to grab your swimsuit and head for the Caribbean?
Suggested Stampin' Up Color Combination:
Instructions for Beach Sunset card designed by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek for Song of My Heart Stampers. All supplies Stampin’ Up! "Ready to Make It?" cards can be created in fifteen minutes or less, with limited supplies. Try one today!
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
1. Card base is Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, 5.5x8.5 inches folded in half. Crumb Cake mat is is 4 & 7/8ths by 5 3/8ths inches. Very Vanilla layer is 3.75 x 5 inches.
2. Stamp the shoreline strip in Crumb Cake ink just below the mid-line of the Very Vanilla layer. Stamp the trunks of the palm trees as well.
3. Stamp the water stamp in Pool Party ink just below the shoreline. Stamp one beach house on the shore.
4. Stamp the tops of the palm trees in Pear Pizzazz ink.
5. Stamp the sun in So Saffron ink, and one beach house.
6. Stamp the last beach house in Calypso Coral, and the desired saying.
7. Mat the stamped piece on the Crumb Cake and adhere to cardfront. Embellish as shown.
8. Stamp inside saying and envelope to match, if desired.
Thanks for stopping in to Song of My Heart today for real-life papercrafting tips and tricks! Please feel free to shop my Stampin' Up store for all your crafting needs, and be sure to check out the rest of the cards in the Ready to Make It category here!