Welcome to Day Five of 31 Pages in 31 Days, Song of My Heart's exclusive annual blog series and challenge! Are you up for it? Make a scrapbook page per day in August (or several at once) for a total goal of accomplishing 31 pages during a single month.
It's called "immersion scrapbooking" (more on that tomorrow) and it helps you get a crazy amount of work accomplished in a really short period of time! Click here to join the Facebook support group for those taking the challenge. You'll love seeing the pages everyone is posting. #31pagesin31days
Today's inspiration page is celebrating the much-loved stuffed animals that now sit on a shelf or under the bed. They're hard to part with, but my kids are leaving them behind as they grow. It will be a good thing to memorialize before the inevitable day when they get tossed or donated.
All but Slushie... he's not going anywhere. Dan's had him since he was 18 months old and he's practically unrecognizable as the fluffy Husky he once was, but my heart just pools into a little puddle every time I see that ragged old thing!
Here are five ways you could use today's inspiration as a jumping off point for your own page:
- circles cut in half to decorate top and bottom edges with scallops (Stitched Shaped Framelits)
- muted, vintage-circus-inspired color combo (Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral)
- use of the stamps to add detail (Around the Corner, Baby Bear)
- coloring Glimmer Paper die-cut letters with Stampin' Blends markers for custom colors
- theme involving stuffed animals or historic toys you played with.
Baby Bear was so easy to stamp, thanks to the Stamparatus. Love that thing!
I hope you're loving all the scrapbooky inspiration this week! See you back here tomorrow for Day Six. Oh, and don't forget to visit Day Three's post and leave a comment for a chance to win one of this week's layouts plus a package of 12x12 paper!