Oh you guys... I couldn't resist the anniversary opportunity to peek back and look through pictures of my family ten years ago. Aren't we cute?? We all have changed a bit since then. Dan's taller than any of us. Hubby lost twenty pounds and wifey found them. Both kids have turned brunette. The little barefooted baby started high school last week. And Mike's hair is now more silver than not. Time sure flies!
This picture was taken right before Mike and I left the kids with my family in Wyoming and drove to Salt Lake City for the Stampin' Up 20th anniversary convention. I got to walk the stage that week for the very first time!
Here's another fun photo I found in the 2008 folder... the very first Song of My Heart Stampers demonstrator team meeting! I was so happy to have seven ladies come. Since then I have held approximately 100 monthly meetings (10 year times 10 months out of the year). Crazy to think about! Needless to say, we didn't fit in our living room for long!
L-R (back): Lyssa, Jane B, Karri A, Wanda D and Laura G; (front) Kelly B, Cathy B and Tracy Z.
A different kind of family, but family just the same even though most of them are not demonstrators anymore. I'm so glad for Facebook to help keep us all in touch even as people come and go from our physical circles. I wouldn't want to lose any of these precious friends!
Well, it's fun looking back, but it's even more fun looking forward, don't you think? How about forward to next year? I have a FREE Stampin' Up planner and accessories to give away to someone who enjoys (or wants to get into) the planner trend. Is it you?
Leave a comment below and tell us something you're looking forward to in the NEXT ten years, as the Lord allows!
Here's the deal:
- Prize is a brand new Love Today Planner Kit with customizable binder, photo pages, stickers and sticky notes.
- Must be 18 years of age and a resident of the U.S. to enter
- Shipping is included with your prize!
- Winner will be posted in the next official anniversary post this month
- Please leave full name with the comment to avoid confusion when announcing winners--thanks!
Our anniversary winners list so far is
- Post One--Gale Beth Rice, $10 for a Stamparatus
- Post Two--Sharon Ann Salmonowicz, $10 for 10 packs of paper
- Post Three--everyone wins! Free Class Download
Whether you've been following Song of My Heart for years, or you're just joining us, thanks for visiting today (and indulging my wandering reminiscences.) I'm excited for the next ten years and I hope you are, too. Bring it!