I follow the National Mall's facebook page and greatly enjoy their Cherry Blossom "bud watch" each spring. It's never at a great time for a teacher's family to go, so likely photos are the only way I'll ever get to see this seasonal phenomenon. I can only imagine how glorious it smells! I was inspired to get out my Colorful Seasons stamp set this weekend and create something with all that dazzling pink.
I researched cherry blossoms a few years ago for a historical art class and discovered how the Japanese prize the sakura (cherry blossom), holding picnics underneath the flower-laden branches each spring. The experience is called hanami ("flower viewing") which I understand is a not so much a physical event as a purposeful enjoyment of the transient beauty of the briefly-blooming flowers.They spend as much time as possible, even getting off work when they can, to spend the week or so out of doors as much as possible.
Love that idea! Imagine setting out for the day, with the sole purpose of enjoying the flowers and praising their Creator. I might need to set aside a hanami day for myself this spring.
Stuff I used to make these: scroll down for more photos.
Click any link to shop in my Stampin' Up store and support Song of My Heart!
- Colorful Seasons Photopolymer Stamp Set 
- Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies 
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Pool Party 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Crumb Cake 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Blushing Bride 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies 
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals 
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels 
- Pool Party Light Stampin' Blends Marker 
- Light Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blends Marker 
I made only two cards in this session, which isn't very many for me. After I added the blue in the background on the one, I wondered if it had been a mistake. What do you think? Do you like the plain white background, or does the wispy blue look better? Leave me a comment and let me know your preference!
I love the wispy blue in the background! So beautiful...
Posted by: Brenda | 03/25/2019 at 01:53 PM