I still can't believe I made this! It looks so cool! The other day I sat down to make my Countdown Calendar Kit and decided to time myself. To my surprise it was about one hour of relaxing and absorbing holiday fun. Here's my official product review!
- Very good value for the price ($30), plus it's reuseable
- Nice heavy cardboard that will definitely last for many seasons
- Do I need the coordinating stamp set? Didn't order it.
- Can I customize it easily? I can think of other fun countdowns!
Setting to work:
- I don't have to make the boxes! Yay!
- Used Liquid Glue on the paper, and Dimensionals on the numbers.
- Super awesome that the decorative accent pieces are self adhesive!
- Love that no trimming is needed around the notches
- I was right, I didn't need the stamp set
- it's so cute! I can't believe I made this.
- short and sweet, didn't take all day
- could definitely do it with kids of any age, with guidance
- add some pearls or rhinestones for a bit of bling
- All it needs now is chocolate!!
So there you go--one easy hour of DIY and you have a keepsake Advent Calendar you'll love filling and using every year. I've compiled a fun list of cute Christmas things to put inside the boxes, if you really want something besides chocolate (?? Who are you? Why are we friends?? LOL) and there's an even cooler option for crafters, in which I FILL THE BOXES FOR YOU so you're surprised each day!!
Download the list here: Download Countdown calendar filler ideas
Check out the pre-filled crafter's countdown here. What a treat!
Haha, I think we are kindred spirits in our love for chocolate, Lyssa! That IS a cute calendar and you have great ideas with what to fill the drawers.
Posted by: Nicole Steele | 09/16/2019 at 08:07 AM