Christmas cards are fun because you can go SO many directions with them... elegant or cute, sparkly or natural, modern or classic, rustic or glam.... just about everything goes! You will see all kinds of holiday cards here at Song of My Heart each year because I try to make a good variety of different designs for people to glean inspiration for their own Christmas greetings.
Today's card features natural elements and earthy colors to celebrate the season. It's very textural with the leaves, sprigs and linen thread loops setting off the scrolled sentiment.
Inside the card I used the new Delicata Copper ink pad to bring some of the subtle gleam from the Leaf Punch in to the interior (it looks like brown in the photo.)
A simple, natural card that's easy to mass-produce! Is this the design you'll make this year? Here's what you'll need to gather to make these beauties:
Click any photo to go see full descriptions and shop my online stamp store!
How much cardstock will I need?
- a pack of single-color 8.5 x 11 cardstock (24 sheets) will make 48 card bases.
- you'll cut the 8.5x11 sheets in half either vertically or horizontally to then fold in half and fit in regular medium envelopes.
- Vanilla and White have 40 sheets in a pack. You can cut them into slightly smaller quarters (4 x 5.25 in) to make inserts to write on inside the card bases.
- Card inserts are important if your card bases are a dark color that will be hard to write on. You can cut down copy paper if you need to save money, in a pinch.
- If using 12x12 cardstock for your bases, cut one inch off one side, then cut the remaining piece into three pieces of 11 x 4 inches each. You'll get 3 cards from every sheet and they'll still fit in a regular medium envelope.
Got questions about mass-producing your designs or figuring out exactly what you'll need? Wondering if it would be best to join up and get the demonstrator discount on all this? I'd be honored to help with that! Email me anytime at Lyssa@songofmyheartstampers.com to chat.