I have been having so much fun with this new card design I came up with last week!! It's ridiculously easy to make, and the perfect way to show off your pretty double-sided paper. It even fits in an ordinary A-2 medium size envelope and mails FLAT!
Watch me make it live!
Do better with written directions? Here you go!
- Score a 5.5 x 12 inch piece of double-sided paper at 3.5, 4, 7.5, 8 and 11.5 inches. Crease folds with a bone folder.
- On the side with the half-inch flap, die-cut an oval or circle window.
- If you want to add patterned paper inside your “box,” adhere a 3.25 x 5.25 inch piece to the center panel of the card.
- Add Tear & Tape or Liquid Multi glue to the 1/2 inch flap.
- Fold the window panel over the center panel, adhering the flap to the far set of score lines.
- Add a piece of neutral cardstock in 3.25 x 5.25 inches to the inside of the cover, to write your message on. You may wish to stamp this before adhering.
- Stamp or add die-cuts as desired to the center of the oval window. Use only one layer of dimensionals.
- Stamp or add die-cuts as desired to the outside cover. Use only one layer of dimensionals if you will be mailing the card.
To flatten the card for mailing, press the front to the left or right and slide into envelope. It will “puff” back up when released and delight your recipient!
I wasn't kidding when I said it was sooo easy! Have fun making this one! And please tell anyone that might be interested in papercrafting ideas where you find all your best ideas : )