I wound up with a lot of scrap strips from a project using a bunch of 12x12 papers, and I couldn't bear to throw them out. So I came up with a quick layout that reduced my pile of leftovers in a hurry! I knew you'd enjoy this tip, too, and couldn't wait to share.
For this layout you will need:
- Three matching or coordinating patterned paper strips cut to 5.25 x 1.25 inches (I used Friendly Hello papers)
- One neutral color card base cut to 4.25 x 11 inches (vertical, top hinge card)
- One neutral color cardstock for sentiment, cut to 4 x 1.5 inches
- One coordinating color cardstock mat for sentiment, cut to 4.25 x 1.75 inches
- focal point stamps to match your patterned paper (I used Friendly Hello stamp set)
Before you adhere anything down, stamp all your pieces and color on the patterned paper (if you are going to do it like mine.) I used Highland Heather and Smoky Slate Blends alcohol markers to jazz up my patterned paper a little.
PRO TIP: add the two outside patterned paper strips first, with equal margins on top and bottom and outer edge. Then split the difference when positioning the center strip so you have equal margins on either side of it.
That's it! isn't it easy? Yet it looks so fancy.
Thanks for popping in today to snag some quick inspiration for your next cardmaking session! Please take a sec to share or subscribe.