Some early news about our next catalog has been released! I wanted to make a post to keep you all in the loop so you can make the very best choices with your crafting bucks during the next two months as we transition from one catalog to the next!
First up, big news about our poor Stampin' Trimmer... we're discontinuing it! There's been a problem both with the availability and the quality of the refill blades, and it's time to cut ties there and move on. So if you own this "Cadillac of paper trimmers" as I call it (I love mine!), you will want to stock up on refill blades (limit three packs per order) so you can keep using it for a long time to come. We'll come out with a new trimmer soon, but not in time for the next big catalog.
- What this means for you: if you have the trimmer, snag some refill blades ASAP. They are currently on backorder, but shipments will be coming in for a couple of months yet. Please note, the replacement cutting mats for the trimmer are sold out and will not be back in stock. Luckily, it is extremely rare to need a replacement mat. Be sure to LOCK your trimmer when not in use so that the mat cannot fall out and get lost.
Secondly, our partnership with Sizzix is coming to an end! We will still be carrying dies and embossing folders, but now we're dealing directly with the manufacturers ourselves rather than buying them through a middle man. We hope this will be a really good solution to the difficulty of keeping these dies in stock. There will be some changes to the dies and folders, but they will still work in your Big Shots and other manual die-cutting systems. Eventually we will have a new die-cutting system (exciting!!!) but again, not in this next catalog.
- What this means for you: if you own the Big Shot already, I'd pick up some extra accessories (especially the Magnetic Platform!) while they're all still conveniently available from Stampin' Up. Any new dies and folders we get next year will still work with the Big Shot. NOTE: the clear cutting pads are now sold out.
Third, Paper Pumpkin is going up slightly beginning with the June Kit. This is the first price increase ever in six years for the monthly craft kits by mail, pretty amazing with today's crazypants mailing costs. If you're a month-to-month subscriber, Stampin' Up will be contacting you to let you know the new charge that will go on your card. If you use pre-paid subscriptions, order those NOW and get the current price!
- What this means for you: if you're month to month, consider switching to pre-paids to get the lower price for 3, 6, or 12 months. You can even get hostess benefits when you order pre-paid subscriptions--and they're great for gifts, too.
The last bit o' news is super fun!! Every year we get a list of minor pricing changes on this and that, and this year we spotted a whole ton of new items on it, including the names of the new In Colors! Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy and Seaside Spray will soon be household names around here! I'll be able to share the new colors when I get back from Stampin' Up OnStage this weekend.
- What this means for you: "in with the new" means "out with the old!" Pick up refills and cardstock for the retiring In Colors before they sell out. Those colors are Tranquil Tide, Berry Burst, fresh Fig, Lemon Lime and Powder Pink.
- What this also means for you: get ready to add a cube to your STORAGE by Stampin' Up! Five new colors? yes please!
That's all the news for now. I'll have tons more to share after the conference this weekend! And as always, if you have ANY questions, please email me. I love to talk shop! Lyssa@songofmyheartstampers.com