Instructions for "Spritzed & Pressed Lace" card designed by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek for Song of My Heart Stampers. All supplies Stampin’ Up! "Ready to Make It?" cards can be created in fifteen minutes or less, with limited supplies. Try one today!
Stamps: Labels to Love
Ink: Petal Pink
Papers: Delightfully Detailed laser-cut lace sheets
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Other: 70% rubbing alcohol, Shimmer Spray recipe card ( Download Shimmer Spray Recipe )
1. Card base is 5.5 x 8.5 inches folded in half to form card (half sheet of 8.5x11 cardstock).
2. Cut Very Vanilla to 4 x 5.25 inches for the background.
3. Trim out desired piece of floral lace paper from the 12x12 full sheets. Lay over the background and spritz with Shimmer Spray.
4. Remove lace piece gently and lay on scratch paper. Spritz again with Shimmer Spray until totally coated.
5. Place wet side down on top of the spritzed background and press to leave an impression of paint. Lift and place back on scratch paper and allow everything to dry 2-3 minutes.
6. Stamp and punch out desired sentiment using Petal Pink ink.
7. When lace is dry, arrange on top of the spritzed background. Adhere punched sentiment on top with dimensionals. If necessary, roll up a glue dot and place strategically to help lace lay flat.
8. Adhere background to card base. Stamp inside card and on envelope to match, if desired.
Thanks for stopping in to Song of My Heart today for real-life papercrafting tips and tricks! Please feel free to shop my Stampin' Up store for all your crafting needs, and be sure to check out the rest of the EASY & FAST cards in the Ready to Make It category here!